It all started five years ago, when I made the scariest decision of my life to leave the business industry. I became a small business owner, enrolled in the Baking & Pastry Arts program at Madison College, completed a summer internship at King Arthur Flour, and worked at many small and large baking establishments, to get as much hands on experience as I could. Whew!
They say the third time is a charm, and I guess that proves right! After going back to the drawing board and writing my third business plan, I finally saw my opportunity to sell my baked goods from my home kitchen. On October 2, 2017, the new law passed, allowing Wisconsin home bakers to legally sell their non-hazardous baked goods directly to customers! https://www.wisconsincottagefood.com/bestpractices
Dale and I are excited to announce that we will begin selling our handcrafted baked goods this fall! Crossing our fingers and hoping for no hiccups along the way! For those of you that have been asking me if I will be teaching hands-on baking classes? The answer is eventually. Our #1 focus is to always provide an outstanding quality product and quality service to our customers! This is and will always be our #1 priority!
A few thank you’s before ending this post:
- To my hubby, best friend and lead taste tester, Dale. You kept encouraging me not to give up, even when there were many times that I just wanted to throw my hands up in the air!
- To my Mom. You are my mentor, cheerleader and best friend. One thing I know for sure after watching you professionally decorate cakes for 20+ years, is this girl will never be making wedding cakes!
- To my Dad. I miss you every day! Yes Dad, I will be baking those ‘triangle things’ (scones) that you always loved so much!
- To Aunt Elsie, who taught me to bake my first loaves of bread in her farm kitchen years ago.
- To Holly Beach, former owner of The Bread Barn and The Silly Yak Bakery. Thank you for giving me my first job in the baking industry 10 years ago!
- To King Arthur Flour. Thank you for giving me the most amazing baking internship! All my baking knowledge that I learned, I use every single day!
- To Cheramy Story Arts & Marketing. Thanks for revamping my website! You are the most incredible and talented team to work with!
- Most of all, I am so grateful to my family and friends for always encouraging me!